Most Christians do not leave churches well. Neither do their pastors. Most leave for the wrong reasons, and in most cases their departure definitely doesn’t happen in a remotely healthy way.
I’m going to do a series of posts called “How To Leave A Church” and probe around a bit to see what I can uncover.
Tentatively I’d like to answer the following questions:
- When should a Christian leave their church?
- How should a Christian leave their church?
- When should a pastor leave their church?
- How should a pastor leave their church?
- What should every Senior Pastor do before they let a staff member go?
My prayer is that this series will help fuel discussion and make church departures a more God-honoring process.
Any suggestions or ideas?