Want to know one thing you could begin doing right now that would make an immediate impact in your marriage?
“Speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15).
Too many of us never express the positive, affirming things we think in our heads about our spouses, to our spouses.
The command is to “speak” the truth in love, not simply to “think” it.
Do This And Watch What Happens In Your Marriage
Here are some truths you might consider speaking this week instead of just thinking them to yourself:
- “In my prayer time this morning God impressed on me that when it comes to that situation at your job, you need to __________.”
- “Yesterday morning when we were standing in the kitchen, I saw you standing there drinking coffee, and I was struck again by just how beautiful you are.”
- “I’m proud of you. I mean that. What you’ve done is extraordinary.”
- “You are a great dad. Every kid would be lucky to have a dad like you.”
- “Honestly I don’t know how you do it all. Your job. The kids. Everything you do around here. I’m so thankful for the small sacrifices you make every day.’
- “You look exhausted. I’ve had an easier day than you. Let me take care of this.”
Spoken lies damage marriages, no doubt.
But wouldn’t we agree that it’s the unspoken truths that hurt our marriages the most?