Hello, my name is Brian Jones. This blog is called Evangelism Plain and Simple because I feel called to help Christians passionately live out their faith among their nonbelieving friends, both as a writer and a pastor.
As a writer, I like to challenge Christians to rethink what it looks like to follow Jesus and share their faith in a post-Christian culture. I believe the Bible’s message is perfect, unchangeable and authoritative, but our understanding and application of that message is not. No one needs to be reminded of this more than me.
As a pastor, I planted and now serve Christ’s Church of the Valley, a church of 2,000+ incredible people in the suburbs of Philadelphia. We’re committed to growing through conversion growth only. To date we’ve helped 1675 adults come to faith in Jesus. Within three months of starting CCV, seven nonbelieving families started attending from my street alone. I mention this because I want you to know that I believe in personal evangelism to my core.
Our church is passionate about starting churches among the most unreached people groups left on the planet, as well as empowering the poor and oppressed through child sponsorships, micro-enterprise loans, and Community Health Evangelism (CHE).
I’m a graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary (M.Div.) and Cincinnati Christian University (B.A.). I like to fish, hike, travel, and watch Ohio State football. For 25 years I’ve been married to that “cute girl with the big brown eyes” that I met in fifth grade church camp. Now we have three girls of our own.
To date I’ve written three books, and have several more in the works. God has granted me the privilege of sharing the message of these books in such diverse places as the jungles of northern India, to the slums of Nairobi, and even on Pat Robertson’s 700 Club, and Focus on the Family.
Here’s the trailer for my most recent book…
What Others Have Said About My Writing:
Ravi Zacharias – “…sensitively addresses the existential doubts I have heard raised in both universities and churches…Brian speaks with transparency and passion.”
John Ortberg – “C.S. Lewis once said that a writer shouldn’t aim at being original but being honest; because each individual’s unique honesty will bring creativity as well. Brian Jones is both.”
Dr. Les Parrott – “…straight-shooting authenticity and a heart-warming vulnerability…”
Dr. Gary Smalley – “…captures the heart of grace and mercy…”
Gene Appel – “…a courageous voice of truth, grace, and love. His writing always challenges me and his life inspires me.”
Brennan Manning – “You write well, Brian. Stay with it.”
If you’re new to my blog, you might want to start with some popular posts in these categories:
- Why Churches Should Euthanize Their Small Groups
- Your Pastor’s Dirty Little Secret
- No More Cheesy Fourth of July Church Services, Please
- Why I’m Not Joining The Missional Church Fad
- Do Contradictions In The Gospels Make Them Untrustworthy?
- Do I Have To Believe In Creationism To Become A Christian?
- How Bonanza Saved My Faith In God
- Do People Become Christians Because They Grow Up In Christian Countries?
- M.A. Programs – The Key To Maintaining Evangelistic Edge
- 10 Ways To Stop Feeling Guilty Your Friend Is Going To Hell
- 5 Minutes That Will Change Your Friend’s Life
- Rethinking Homosexuality
- Do You Believe Prayer Changes God’s Mind?
- 3 Reasons I Don’t Discourage Non-Christians From Taking The Lord’s Supper
- Why THE BIBLE Mini-Series Is Nauseating (or What I Learned Watching South Park)
- “God Told Me” and Other Embarrassing Phrases Christians Use
- How Could A “Good” God Allow Bad Christian Music?
- I’m Not Being Fed (and Other Stupid Things Christians Say)
Evangelism Plain and Simple Newsletter
Each week 3,500+ people receive a “shot of evangelistic inspiration” right into their inbox via my “Evangelism Plain and Simple” newsletter. You can sign up HERE. Occasionally I also update subscribers on new books, speaking engagements, and opportunities for further engagement.