Need to be inspired? Challenged? A good laugh?
I love helping Christians live thoughtful, courageous lives.
This is my personal blog where I post my thoughts, long before they ever make it into book form. Over the years it’s become a place for meaningful conversations between people trying to live out their faith. I’m honored that you’ve joined us.
To date, I’ve written three books and have several more in the works. God has granted me the privilege of sharing the message of these books in such diverse places as the jungles of northern India, the slums of Nairobi, and even on Pat Robertson’s 700 Club and Focus on the Family. Here’s the trailer for my most recent book Hell is Real (But I Hate to Admit It).
I’m also the founding Senior Pastor of Christ’s Church of the Valley, a church of 2,000+ amazing people in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I’m a graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary (M.Div.) and Cincinnati Christian University (B.A.). I like to fish, hike, travel, and watch Ohio State football. For 25 years I’ve been married to that “cute girl with the big brown eyes” that I met in fifth grade church camp. Now we have three girls of our own.
Non-Religious Devotional Thoughts E-Newsletter
Each week you’ll receive a devotional designed to help you apply the truths of the Bible to your everyday life. You can join the 3,500+ people who receive my e-newsletter each week by subscribing here. Occasionally I also update subscribers on new books, speaking engagements, and opportunities for further engagement.
What Others Are Saying
“Brian speaks with transparency and passion.” – Ravi Zacharias
“Brian takes deep thinking on the crucial issues of life and deals with these issues in ways that everyone can understand.” – Tony Campolo
“Brian Jones captures the heart of grace and mercy…” – Gary Smalley
“C.S. Lewis once said that a writer shouldn’t aim at being original but being honest; because each individual’s unique honesty will bring creativity as well. Brian Jones is both.” – John Ortberg
If you’re new to my blog, you might want to start with some popular posts in these categories:
Living It Out
- 10 Ways To Stop Feeling Guilty Your Friend Is Going To Hell
- 5 Reasons We Don’t Send Our Kids To Christian Schools (but you might, and should)
- Can Christians Eliminate Same Sex Attraction Feelings?
- 7 Uncommon Characteristics Of Masculine Christian Men
- Do Contradictions In The Gospels Make Them Untrustworthy?
- Do I Have To Believe In Creationism To Become A Christian?
- Don’t Censor Me #@!% Dammit
- Do People Become Christians Because They Grow Up In Christian Countries?
- What If We’re Misinterpreting The Bible? – Rethinking Homosexuality (Part 1)
- Spit Out That Lotus Plant (or thoughts on why going to church matters)
- Should An Openly Homosexual Person Be Baptized? – Rethinking Homosexuality (Part 3)
- 3 Reasons I Don’t Discourage Non-Christians From Taking The Lord’s Supper
- Why THE BIBLE Mini-Series Is Nauseating (or What I Learned Watching South Park)
- Should Churches Allow Their Pastors To Smoke Pot If It Is Legal?
- Stop Basing Your Beliefs On ANYTHING On The Red Letters Of Jesus Alone
- Christians Spend Too Much Time Studying The Bible